The economy is going through a change in paradigm. We need new ideas and new practices. These new ideas and practices should undergird also the teaching of economics, now in crisis due to its progressive distancing from real life and the problems of the people. We need to adopt the educational tools that are suitable for correctly reading the phenomena in which reality is manifested and in order to act in an adequate manner.
The educational program articulates the main themes relative to Economic and Management Sciences, developing them in an integrated manner.
On one hand, the students learn the necessary competencies to understand the functioning of:
- the economic systems, both from a micro-economic and macro-economic perspective.
- the civil economy and economic development, from a point of view that integrates both local and global dimensions,
- the necessary connections between the economy and ethics, the economy and the common good;
on the other, to understand and interpret:
- the theories on business management, highlighting the main implications for the different systems of management,
- the formulation of business strategies and economics of decision-making,
- the most innovative methods of internal and external accountability.
The program amply covers the history of business ownership and management, and the externship aims at training students also in management techniques and/or business start up. The best practices of business owners and managers will be focused on, and their various expressions in the life of a business: from the statement of its mission to forming its business strategies, from marketing to communication plans, from conflict resolution policies to the analysis of issues that go with becoming international.
The externship directly involves students in businesses within the Civil Economy and those of the Economy of Communion in Italy and worldwide. It gives them the chance to test out on the field what they have learned during lectures and throughout their studies.
For those who cultivate the idea of becoming business owners, or for whom this desire may mature during their studies, the externship can also be done at the Industrial Park of the Economy of Communion in Loppiano, with the possibility of assessing their entrepreneurial idea and eventually developing it into a business.
- thanks to the DNA within Sophia, which is the same as the one that gave life to the Economy of Communion;
- because of the characteristics of the faculty, which constitute the reference point in the study of Civil Economy and that of Communion;
- through the vital connection with the world of organizations in the Civil Economy and that of Communion,
the specializations aim to form:
• economists, managers, business people for Social Economy, non-profits and NGOs, with a solid technical and cultural education, enabling them to operate as leaders in every type of business and institution;
• economists, managers and business people who are well versed, that is, able not only to read and interpret the economic phenomena from the perspective of the culture of unity, but also capable of being leaders in the building of an Economy that is, truly in all its dimensions, Civil and of Communion.