The structure of courses and programs offered at the Sophia University Institute correspond to European standards, and the exams and academic degrees conferred are recognized according to the international agreements and guidelines established by the Convention of Lisbon and the Process of Bologna.
The agreement for international recognition of degrees is applied according to the stipulations provided by specific executive conventions and between different universities.
In addition, the Master’s degree conferred by the IUS is integrally recognized also by some countries of South America.
The Universities and University Institutes with which there are already operational agreements for the recognition of degrees conferred by the IUS are the following:
in the ambit of Political Sciences and Law:
- In France: Institut Politique Léon Harmel
- In Spain: Universidad de Málaga; Universidad de Almería
- In Argentina: Universidad Nacional de La Plata
- In Brazil: Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis/SC; Associação Caruaruense de Ensino Superior, Caruarù/PE
in the ambit of Natural Sciences:
- in France: Université Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne
in the ambit of Pedagogy:
- In Croatia: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Teacher Education
in the ambit of Philosophy:
- In Italy: Università degli Studi di Genova, Faculty of Letters and Philosophy; Università degli Studi di Perugia
in the ambit of Theology:
- With the Vatican State: Pontifical Lateran University, Faculty of Theology; students already holding a Canonical License in Theology can pursue the joint Doctorate at the IUS.
- In Argentina: Pontifical Catholic University, Faculty of Philosophy and Theology of San Miguel, Buenos-Aires; students who already hold a Canonical License in Theology can pursue the joint Doctorate at the IUS.
With other Universities and University Institutes, there are general agreements that authorize professors and students to attend their respective academic programs:
- in the Slovak Republic: Trnava University, Trnava
- in Hungary: Sapientia College of Theology of Religious Orders, Budapest
- in Mexico: Universidad La Salle, Mexico City